Against The Grain is a leading communications agency, connecting the world to the greatest artistic, musical and professional achievements through multi-channel storytelling.
We are looking for an energetic, detail-oriented communications intern for a paid, part-time, 4-month internship in our Adelaide office.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working across Against The Grain’s client roster and initiatives during a crucial time for the company, as it launches new projects and expands its clientele.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the execution of major media campaigns, maintaining and enhancing social media channels, onboarding new clients, as well as assisting in the general day-to-day.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone wanting to gain an insight and experience in the communication field with a focus on the national music and arts industries.
We are looking for someone with a strong passion in the music, arts, and lifestyle industries, along with a great interest in gaining real-world experience in planning, managing and delivering communication programs that reach large national audiences across multiple platforms.
As an applicant you’ll have:
- Great communication skills.
- A basic understanding of the music and arts landscape.
- Strong creative writing skills.
- Strong grammar and punctuation, and high attention to detail.
- Google sheets and Docs skills.
- General understanding of social media trends and platforms.
- Reliable and responsive to work requirements.
- Eager to work in a fast-paced environment, with a desire to work across multiple projects concurrently.
- Present in a confident manner.
- Able to attend showcases, live gigs, launches and industry functions outside of normal work hours
You must be a self-starter, able to think on your feet and move quickly.
At the end of the internship, you will have had in-depth exposure to what it’s like to work in the creative communications industry.
Send one-page cover letter along with CV to email@example.com with ‘2021 Internship’ in the subject.
Against The Grain is an equal opportunities employers. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.